Kuta is a coastal town in the south of the island of Lombok in Indonesia
The scenery is spectacular, with cliffs and mountains reaching the coast to create jagged and awe- inspiring landscapes and views. The beaches are some of the best in Indonesia, with pristine white sand, and transparent blue-greens in the water. Kuta has some of the best surfing in the world, so naturally many visitors are surfers.
Kuta has a wide variety of accommodations and restaurants, ranging from backpacker offerings to a four star resort for more wealthy travelers. Many people come to Kuta just to unwind, lie on the beach, rent a motorcycle to look around, or to just relax by reading a book or taking a nap in the afternoon.
Most of Kuta retains its sleepy, natural character as a typical fishing village. The local people live in housing clusters (called kampungs) and are largely unaffected by tourist activity. Travellers can walk along dirt roads and see the villagers going about their normal daily activities. Food is usually cooked over a wood fire and the children live a carefree life of playing on the beach and climbing trees. Most people are exceptionally friendly to foreigners
Lombok International Airport is around 20 minutes away, and there has recently been a huge amount of land speculation in the Kuta area from high-end hotel operators and other investors.
From Bandara Internasional Lombok ( airport)
Lombok International Airport (Lia) is south west of Praya in south central Lombok. This new international airport will provide facilities for wide bodied aircraft and more modern terminal facilities and cargo facilities.
Kuta is approximately 20-30 minutes from the new airport. A journey by metered taxi should be anticipated to cost around Rp90,000=100,000. (you can try to negotiate a taxi for 75,000) A private pick up by your hotel will cost Rp120,000-Rp150,000
Please see the main Lombok for more details on the new international airport and connecting services to Kuta.
From Lembar the price to Kuta must be negotiated in advance. Competition is fierce and porters will often place your luggage in a taxi prior to settling the price.if you book with us will charge one way to kuta per person IDR 200.000.be carefull many vandor will offered you private car,they will charge you more then we offered,and they ilegal transport.
In the village of Kuta, all local facilities are within a reasonable walking distance. For local transport in and around Kuta you can use a ojek (motorbike with rider).
An extensive, but complex public transport system runs throughout all of Lombok. The standard mode of public transportation is the bemo, a small, covered pick-up truck with narrow benches. The bemo is designed to transport local people; tourists may find them confusing and difficult to use. Public transport is not recommended for the uninitiated traveller, especially if traveling with luggage or surfboards and unable to speak Bahasa Indonesia. To reach almost any destination, expect numerous stops en route, bemo changes, and sometimes very crowded conditions. True backpackers wishing to save money by conquering the bemo system should carefully get advice about the route in advance and write down the name of the destination to show the driver. Traveling on a bemo is certainly one way to experience local culture.
Public bemo's are located at the junction and also on the beach road.
Kuta Just about 25 minute drive from Lombok International Airport (LOP), Around Kuta Area Government had build new asphalt road accessing all bays in south lombok, with a car will so easy to be in your tour destination such as Kuta, Mawun Beach, Tanjung Ann, Selong Blanak Beach of even to famous Surf Spot such as Areguling, Mawi, Gurupuk, Ekas, Tanjung Ann Break, Segar Break etc.
Local boatman may be available to take you for an outing but be careful to negotiate the price and details to common agreement before boarding or determining a final price. Do not automatically expect the boat to have adequate or possibly any safety equipment at all. Ensure you check such equipment for yourself prior to agreeing to the charter. Some traditional perahu boat operators cannot swim so do not expect them to be able to save you should difficulties arise. Also ensure that the price includes fuel and where you will be travelling and for how long a time. Ensure you will return to shore well before dusk. Do not expect the boat operator to be able to communicate with you fluently in English or even Bahasa Indonesian.
If you wish to explore the South Lombok area surrounding Kuta, the preferred way by many is to do so by motorcycle. Motorcycles can be rented at rates of about Rp 50,000 per day, without petrol. Insist the bike be in as new condition, then carefully inspect and make note of the bike for scratches and any other damage. Ensure the bike is in proper mechanical condition including the lights, brakes and tires. Ask for a surfboard rack if desired as some rental operators have them available. Never give your passport or drivers licence as security to rent the bike and ensure the current STNK – Surat Tanda Nomor Kendaraan (Certificate of Registration) is with the motorbike.
- Sade Village, Jln Raya Sengkol-Kuta. The Sasak Traditional House,,
Around Kuta there are some beautiful beaches. Kuta offers you the private white beaches you have seen on travel posters and always dreamed of experiencing. There are six main beaches in and around Kuta:
- Kuta Beach, Kuta village. This is where most of the accommodations and restaurants are located.
- Pantai Putri Nyale(Novotel Beach), (about 3 km east of Kuta Beach). This is where the Novotel Lombok is located. It's a beautiful beach, but at low tide it gets almost completely dry and is no longer suited for swimming.
- Pantai Seger(Seger Beach), (about 3.5 km east of Kuta Beach). Beach suited for surfing, not for swimming because of the very strong currents. There are some drink stalls. Climb the hill here to watch the sunset. Rp 10,000 to park your motorbike.
- Tanjung A'an, (about 7 km east of Kuta Beach). Tanjung A'an comprises of two white sand bays, A'an to the west and Pedau to the east, separated by a rocky outcrop. Smooth turquoise waters offer safe swimming and snorkeling. There can be a strong current on the eastern bay at times. There are some drink and snack stalls at the center of the beach and at the western end two restaurants with tables and sunbeds on the sand.
- Mawun, (about 8km west of Kuta Beach). Mawun beach is a secluded half-moon bay with crystal clear water and pristine sand. There's one big tree where people congregate in the shade. An awesome place for relaxing, safe swimming and surfing. The only facilities are a few drinks stalls.
- Selong Belanak, (about 12 km west of Kuta Beach, about 6 km over the steep hill). Beautiful bay bordered by two rocky promontories. Nearby is a surf beach called Mawi. Selong Belanak is a good place to learn how to surf because of its soft sand floor. Surf lessons go for Rp 250,000 for 2 hours of instruction and use of the board for the rest of the day. To rent a beach chair with an umbrella, expect to pay Rp 50,000 for the entire day. Surf boards can be rented here for Rp 50,000/day. Rp 10,000 to park your motorbike. Be extremely careful with your belongings and NEVER leave them unattended - every couple of days tourists get robbed there, and nobody seems to care much
Doing In Kuta area
- Bat Cave, (On the road out of Kuta, a few km's before the turnoff to Mawun beach, take a right at the white and red sign down a rocky track.). A friendly local has started offering "tours" of what he calls a "mystical cave". He'll supply a torch and a hat (to protect yourself from bat droppings) and show you around the cave, and make you some coffee afterwards. He's a really nice bloke and happy just to chat with you. Be prepared to get dirty and see a ton of bats! 000 IDR per person.
- Kuta Horses, Jalan By Pass(Kuta Lombok), ? 081915999436, 1h. Horse riding on tall, well trained, horses on the unspoiled beaches of Kuta Lombok or the traditional Sasak villages. Forestier or Stubben saddles. Guide. Hour or day trip for all skills. 000 IDR for one hour, 650.000 IDR for 1h30 and 750.000 IDR for 2 hours.
- The Dorsal Effect, Jalan Raya , Kuta, Lombok, Nusa Tenggara Barat 83573, Indonesia, ?+65 9766884 Eco-tourism social enterprise, based right here in Kuta, conducting snorkeling day-trips to the Tanjung Luar area, east of Kuta. Their aim is to help the local shark fishermen change their livelihoods to guiding tourists instead of catching sharks. See pristine, empty beaches, beautiful live corals, and lots of active marine life. Check out their Facebook Page for plenty of photos and reviews. Friendly Singaporean girl running this outfit. US$US$80-120.
- Mimpi Manis Snorkel Trips, Jalan Raya Mong(2km north of town), ? +62 81 836 9950, Mimpi Manis offer a full day trip to the "Secret Gilis" Of South West Lombok. Snorkel first at Gili Nanggu, an underwater paradise & visit the turtle hatchery. Next stop Gili Sudak for lunch in a local warung on the beach and finally more snorkeling at the tiny island of Gili Kedis. Prices start at Rp300,000 per person. email firstname.lastname@example.org more info. Rp350k.
Kuta is a surfers destination, with world class shore, reef and point breaks along the coast. Personal transport is the best way if not the only way to access the surfing spots. Theft is way down and the whole south coast is much more tourist friendly already over the last 2-3 years. Previously you would have to pay a local to "guard" your motorbike while you went for a surf, but now there are more "official" parking areas at most of the beaches - as long as you pay your 0.20 or 0.50 $cent parking you won't have any problems.Surfing can get busy, with locals and boatmen all joining in. If you are friendly and respectful (not dropping in) then you will never have any problems with locals and will easily make friends. Stay respectful, handle any incidents calmly and fairly, and other locals will almost always look out for you.
There are several great surf shops in town and most lessons take place at Selong Belanak. Be aware of 'cowboys' at Selon
- Seger reef: the closest break to Kuta village, Seger provides a heavy right hander and is excellent under most conditions. It's a popular spot during the afternoon tide shift, and especially after the big rains in the wet season. Ride past the Novotel, then turn right after the small bridge and continue taking right turns until the road becomes unsealed. There is free parking at the very end, with a small hill that onlookers can climb for a phenomenal view of the surroundings.
- Air Guling: Air Guling is a beach to the West of Kuta village. The break is a fair paddle from shore, and is a strong right hander, which can become very hollow during a large swell. Continue West from Kuta, up the mountain and over the other side. There is a view of the beach when coming down, and don't be deceived when the road swerves away from the coast. Eventually on the left there will be an unsealed dirt road which can be very difficult to handle (unadvisable to ride when wet). Continue the road to the beach, and pay Rp 5,000 to watch your bike.
- Gerupuk: The most popular break in Kuta, but this may be because locals pressure you to go here so you'll pay a boatman for his services. There are two main breaks here, although some others pop up in the right conditions. You need to hire a boatman from the village to access the breaks (Rp 100,000 for 1 person,(dec. 2013) Rp 50,000 per person for 2, and Rp 30,000 each for more.). The boat will wait while you surf, however the boatmen will often join you out on the surf, which can cause frustrations when crowded. To get here, take a ride east for 7 km (about 10-15 min). There is a common parking area for surfers and tourists, which the locals monitor. Parking is usually free (although the standard fee is Rp 1,000 if you are asked to pay).
- Inside Gerupuk: Insides is located in a sheltered bay and is good for beginners/intermediate. Absolute beginners (first time on a board) may find this intimidating, during large swell and crowded conditions, and should look for a simple beach break (like Tanjung Aan). The floor is a soft reef bed which doesn't cause much damage. The wave breaks both left and right here, and can get busy. Ocean Bar is located a short paddle away from the break (floating on the sea) and offers cold drinks, fruit and basic food.
- Outside Gerupuk: Cannot be seen from the village, it's a short boat ride away. Outsides is generally the most reliable bet for a surf - there is nearly always something to surf here (even in low swell conditions). The wave is a right hander and can be quite heavy.
- Tanjung Aan: Beach break in between Kuta and Gerupuk, for absolute beginners. Take the usual route out to Gerupuk, and take a right hand turn into Turtle Warung - before the football field (around 2km outside Gerupuk). There are a series of Warungs on the beach, which you will need to drive past. You can park at or near the Turtle Warung, and take a short walk over the hill to see the surf behind. Tanjung Aan can get blown out during afternoon wind, so better to hit it in the morning. The hill will give you one of the best views of Kuta's beaches and inlets, and the sunset is particularly good (with beers from the Warungs).NOTE: Arriving here in the morning, you may be met with a "friendly local surfer", who is actually a boat operator in Gerupuk, telling you that there's no surfing and offer to show you the way to Gerupuk. His claims are likely dubious, but, who knows how safe it is to leave a motorbike there after you refuse his services.
- Selong Belanok: This beginner's beach break is a beautiful 30-45 minute scooter ride to the west of Kuta Lombok, past Air Goling and Mawan Beach. Parking is Rp 10,000 (as of Dec 2015). Wave breaks rather close to shore and is best at high tide and during the tide shifts. Generally shielded from afternoon winds. Nasi Campur and Nasi Goreng available on the beach from the warungs. Great swimming beach as well.
- Mawun: Approximately 25 minutes West of Kuta via scooter, turn left at the sign for Mawun. Mawun is set in a beautiful horse-shoe bay and is generally quiet and empty. The West end of the beach has a small beginner's break during high tide. At low tide there is a nice right hand break on the outside, about a 10 minute paddle out, though there are a few rocks to watch out for. Also a great swimming beach and perhaps the most beautiful setting of the beaches around Kuta.
Private Hire Boat / Surf Trips
Some surf spots, like Grupuk and Ekas require a local boat to get out to the break, which costs between 80k rupiah at Grupuk, or around 300k rupiah to get the local boat out to the break at Ekas - these boats are the simple wooden "banana" boats with a 40hp engine - they are enough to get around inside the bay, but not suited / safe for the open ocean. At present it is only "Lombok Boat Trips" offering speedboat rental by the day with a higher quality / faster boat more suitable for accessing open ocean and traveling to more distant (and less crowded) surf breaks
There is excellent sport fishing to be had in waters off Kuta. Unfortunately, the only charter boats available locally are local wooden outriggers and these are not always ideal for the challenging fishing conditions. You can though get a decent day's fishing by hiring one of these boats with a captain from the local guys on Kuta Beach. Those requiring a bigger, more comfortable boat will need to bring one around from the Senggigi area, or across the Badung Strait from Bali
Made from Mimpi Manis Homestay runs a popular 6 hour fishing charter. The best known fishing trip out of Kuta. Not the cheapest but he provides quality equipment, life jackets and your catch cooked up for dinner.
There is a dozen diving spots around Kuta among the most well preserved in Lombok, especially interesting for their healthy soft corals and reef fishes.
- Discovery Divers, Kuta Town Centre(On the main crossroads in Kuta Town), ? +62 812 36294 178, New dive centre / school, based from central Kuta. Offering all PADI courses and fun dives to all locations on Lombok's south coast with fast speedboat - including The Cathedral and The Magnet.
- Scuba Froggy, Kuta(at the Novotel and dowtown in front of Cafe 7), ? +62 82 144 719 605 French managed dive center offering guided dives and PADI courses in several languages. They also propose a full-day diving trip to Belongas Bay, snorkeling tours, kite surfing, wake boarding, standing paddle board and kayak rental.
Buy in Kuta
The village of Kuta provides all the basic necessities for a traveler, such as toiletries, tropical clothing, souvenirs, fruits and bottled water. However the closest place where you can buy pharmacy supplies, luggage, develop photos, and make travel reservations is the city of Praya. Limited pharmacy supplies available at the Medical Clinic to the West of town (turn right after the roundabout, following the signs to the clinic).
There are many shops selling sarongs, local jewelry, and other souvenirs. Children selling bracelets are ubiquitous (5,000 - 10,000 each), as are ladies selling sarongs on the beach and in the warungs (30,000-50,000).
For basic groceries, your best bet is the larger warung on the West end of town (turn right after the roundabout when heading into Kuta).
There are now 7 ATMs in Kuta. Withdrawal limits vary from Rp1,000,000 - 3,000,000 so if you are paying fees per transaction best to avoid the Mandalika ATMs ad head to CIMB in Novotel's reception. You may make multiple withdrawals sually up to Rp10 million.
Most of the hotels and bungalows serve breakfast which is included in their room rates. Kuta beach area restaurants have many food options. Most of the restaurants serve Indonesian, European and international cuisine.
- Bucu Restaurant and Bar. Humble lombok bamboo style restaurant and photo gallery. It's right in town, on the corner of the main road to the beach ( Next to Exotiq real estate ). The menu ranges from local and international entrees and soups, to Indonesian and Western main courses, all with an emphasis on fresh seafood. For starters try the local spring rolls, filled with chicken, shrimp, and vegetables, or the chicken salad, served in a hollowed out pineapple. Delicious main courses Seafood kabob, whole bbq/grill fish with choices of sauces or the exceptionally good chicken breast with Chicken Cordon Bleu. Free Wifi
- Mutiara Cafe,* Mutiara Cafe(""Address="St.</em>). Open from 8:00AM-11:00 PM. A traditional building style with alang-alng roof and with green garden.Serving Delicious food and cheap price, Local & and western Menu. </li>
<li><strong>Ashtari Restaurant & Lounge</strong>, Kuta(<em>on the main road west of Kuta village, about 3 km uphill</em>), ? +62 813 5332 9501, Open everyday from 6:30AM-8.00PM. Located on the hill with spectacular views of the south coast. Relaxing atmosphere and enjoy the daily fresh menu. Due to the view the prices are higher than elsewhere in Kuta, a juice is 48,000 Rp a water is 20,000 Rp (the cheapest drink on the menu), cheapest main is Nasi Goreng at 80,000 Rp (Dec 2015). A few kms away from Kuta but road fixed. Easy to access. <a href="https://wikitravel.org/en/Kuta_(Lombok)#Ashtari_Restaurant__Lounge">e
- Bamboo Cafe, (near the junction). Local food and fresh seafood. Still has waterfront views.
- Dwiki's Cuisine, Jl Raya Kuta-Mawun(150 m west of the junction), ? +62 819 16456423 (+62 818 03680911). 8AM-10PM. Serves a variety of european and asian cuisine. The owners have a love for good food and for their customers. Highly recommended.
- Family Cafe, (near the junction, next to Matahara Inn). 10AM-11PM. A large restaurant with an Indonesian menu and some western dishes. Serves cocktails as well.
- Lombok Lounge, (near the junction, next to Matahara Inn). A reasonable restaurant with cheap prices. Indonesian menu and some western dishes.
- Stella Cafe. A simple cafe incorporated with a boutique gives you a different atmosphere, daily food menu, seafood on order.
- Cafe Cherry, a simple cafe offering Indonesian and western food, seafood on order including lobster and prawns.
- Ocean Life Cafe, a bamboo and wooden cafe, gives you a bit of option in the menu. Incorporates shop providing imported drink and wines.
- Bong's cafe, wood oven pizza and tacos for a different taste in the Kuta area.
- Purnama Cafe, a simple and enjoyable cafe.
- Cafe Seger, a skillful lady chef offers tasty Sasak food next to the beach with views of the sea, best fish in Kuta.
- Alang-Alang Cafe, cafe on the beach with beruga style seating in a small, open sitting area with grass roof.
- Warung Bule. A simple cosy place which faces the sea. Run by a local man, with a selection of Western and Sasak food. Highly recommend the Ayam Taliwang and all the seafood *Nov 15 - the chef has opened his own restaurant called Pawon Bule right at the roundabout
- Warung Murah Meriah, run by a local couple.
- Solah Bar and Restaurant, Jl Pantain(on the beach, at the eastern edge of the town), 12PM- 11PM. Large, friendly, with candlelit tables both inside and outside for dining, bean bags for lounging, billiards, and a big TV screen. Sasak, Indonesian and International food with a bar/drink menu. 10% of your bill supports the 'Solah Foundation' which teaches English to the locals, and sponsors disadvantaged kids to go to school.
- Warung Jawa I and II, (Turn right after the roundabout when coming into Kuta). Delicious local food at a local price! Very friendly staff. Even the "hawkers" are quite fun when you go there regularly. Popular place for expats and surfers. Always a bit crowded late afternoon. Probably the cheapest food in Kuta. Shakes also very cheap (Rp 6,000,-).Rp 10,000-20,000.
- Sea Monkees, Gerupuk Village, 20 mins East of Kuta(on the beach side of the road,100 metres past the entry gate). 7am until closing. Located right on the beach. Specialities, all day western style big breakfast and fresh lobster!
- Gulas Garden Bar & Restaurant, Jalan Pantai Kuta Lombok(from the junction, turn left, across the street from Warung Java), ? +62 370 615 8080, . Brand new restaurant at the Kuta Cove Hotel. From US$ 1.
- Mia Mia Warung, Jl Raya Kuta. Run by a local family. The best Nasi Goreng right on the beach for 17000 Rp. Try the milk shakes, especially the ice cold coffee
- Gecko Bar N' Lounge, jln Raya Kata-Mawun. 5. Mediteranean N' Classic Italian Cuisine,Wood Fered Oven Pizza,
Drink In Kuta
- Riviera Cafe, Kuta(opposite Matahari Inn). Local cuisine, good quality sea food and beverages offered with live acoustic music every Wednesday night.
- Shore Bar & Restaurant, Kuta(at the beach, on the eastern edge of town). This beach bar is probably the only place that boosts somewhat of a night life in Kuta. Cold beers and cocktails. A local rock band playing covers will entertain you on a Saturday night, other nights disco DJ show. Happy hour from 4PM-7PM. Also serves lunch and dinner. BBQ fish and any kind of seafood.
- De Guru, Kuta(between Surfers Inn and Tastura Hotel). Local surfers meet here so it's a good place to have a cold bintang and get some information about the local surf scene.
- Ocean Bar, Inside Gerupuk(next to Inside Gerupuk break). 8am - sunset. Floating bar at Inside Gerupuk, good place to have a cold drink in between surfs or chill while watching other people surf. Also serves fruit platters and basic food
- The Gecko Lounge and Bar, (50 m from main intersection). A work still in progress. Good food and cocktails with a selection of local and imported beers, free WiFi. Specialises in wood-fired pizza
- Magic Bar & Restaurant, Kuta Lombok(turn left at the junction, just a few meters across from Kuta Junction). 08AM-12PM. RESTAURANT. LIVE MUSIC in The Heart of Kuta Lombok The most happening spot in Kuta. Live bands play the same songs. A good selection of food and drinks. Lively atmosphere.
- Surfers Bar, Kuta Beach(at Kuta Beach, turn right), night. Great, relaxed music and ambience in this very well done, friendly, thatch-roofed bar. Good selection of cocktails from all-imported liquor, and ice cold Bintang. Live music on Monday nights. Good people running it. cheap.
Sleep in Kuta area
Kuta has a good range of accomodation from cheap and slightly shabby huts all the way up to the 4 star Novotel. Listed prices for budget and mid-range accommodation can change by a factor of 100% depending on the season. Even within one hotel complex the price of rooms can vary greatly depending on amenities, such as air conditioning, hot water and a television. The prices listed are only provided as a guide. In low season, you can bargain for discounted rates, in high season you may be thankful to get a room for any price. Call or check the hotel website directly for availability and/or reservations. Third party reservation agents are sometimes not reliable.
- Kuta Circle Homestay, Pariwisata, Kuta , directly in front of the big rounabout(north Kuta),. Quiet classic Homestay, run by a nice family. The place is located directly next to the TRI PUTRI Homestay on the big roundabout on the main road in north Kuta. Clean rooms and a clean green garden. The houses are surrounded by a lot of nice organic Mango , Papaya , Cashew and Coconut trees. Free Wifi and no check in/out times. Long time stay ist possible. No Restaurant but a shared kitchen where u can use the fridge, enough space to cook your own meals. The owner help by transportation , trips and bike rentals. standard room Fan/WC/shower RP 80.000 , AC/WC/shower RP 130.000.
- Anda Bungalows & Restaurant, Jl Pantai Kuta, Kuta(centrally located on the beach road), ? +62 370 654836 (""+62). Locally owned hotel, has a peaceful garden setting and clean rooms to offer. The restaurant has a good selection of Indonesian and Western food and serves pizza. Standard room with fan Rp 100,000 and A/C room Rp 150,000.
- Are Goling Bungalows & Restaurant, Are Goling via Kuta(follow Jalan Selong Balanac 7 km westward from Kuta, follow signs southward to destination 1.5 km from turn-off, go 50 m past school, near beach), , . Beautiful views over Are Goling (Sasak: rolling waters), 600 m to beach, clean, safe accommodation. The restaurant has a good selection of Indonesian and western food. Opened August 2011Standard double bungalow from Rp 200,000.
- Diyah Homestay, Sidestreet to beachroad(Turn left at a dirtroad when driving towards Groupuk. About 100 m after last bar/restaurant.). checkout: 00. Very cheap accommodation with nice rooms. Staff is very friendly and they have 24 hours security. Around 8-10 rooms with either double or twin bed. Rp 125,000. Breakfast included (pancake). 24 hours free flow of tea and coffee. Nice garden-like ambient. Rp. 100,000.
- Lamancha Homestay, Central Kuta, 400m from the beach, across from Bombora. Lamancha offers basic fan rooms with private bath for 100,000rp and newer rooms for 150,000rp and 250,000rp (with A/C) - all with breakfast included. The rooms are spacious and kept very clean. The wifi is decent and there is an Internet cafe next door. The owners are very kind and friendly. They offer hassle-free scooter rentals for 50,000rp/day100,000rp to 200,000rp.
- Roy's Homestay, Sidestreet to beachroad(Look for the yellow signs off both the main highway and the Beach road on the way to Gerupok on the East end of town. Next to Diyah Homestay). This homestay (opened April 2013) has 5 rooms set around a quiet courtyard with a familiar atmosphere and friendly staff. Pancake breakfast and 24/7 tea and coffee included. 24 hour security. 150,000 or 200,000 with scooter included.
- T&T Homestay, Sidestreet to beachroad(There is a sign in front of a famous Mario Warung (restaurant) Quite near (100 m) to Diyah Homestay and Roy´s Homestay but the sandy road is next to the road leading to those places). Four brand new comfortable and clean fan rooms that don't have mold-like-smell. Fast WIFI included. In front of rooms nice garden. Chickens, cocks, dogs, cats, horses, sheeps and cows wandering at the yard and next to road leading to this quiet place. 120,000 (200,000 incl scooter as of Nov '15) with scooter and nice breakfast included (pancake/omelette and toast, fruits, coffee/tea).
- G’Day Inn, Kuta(located near the wartel (telephone office) close to the bemo stop), ? +62 370 6155342. Budget place set inside a family compound with 12 rooms, fan and cold water. Family is great and provide good food. Fan 200, A/C 300 - nice, clean but a little souless
- Mimpi Manis Homestay, Jalan Raya Mong, Desa Mong, Kuta(about 2 km north of Kuta village), ? + 62 818 369950, . checkin: 1pm; checkout: 11AM. A small, friendly, family run homestay (British/Balinese). All rooms have a safety box and DVD player and an impressiveDVD selection to choose from. Free WIFI and free internet, free water refill station, Free orientation tour to guests who stay 3 nights or more.Food is served to in-house guests from 7AM-8PM. Can also arrange motorbike rental and transfers. They are good at arranging Snorkel trips, tours and guided fishing trips. Low season rates for fan-cooled room: Rp 150,000, Aircon Rp 250,000, Dormitory Rp80,000 Request rates for high season.
- Puri Rinjani Bungalow & Restaurant(Formerly Rinjani Agung Beach Bungalows & Restaurant), Kuta (located on the beachroad, on the eastern edge of town), ? +62 370 654849 (+62 370 653749). * 4 new rooms and 5 bungalows with fans, very clean and safe. Motorbike hire for Rp. 50,000 per day. Puri has gone up market with rooms from Rp650,000. The restataurant has been closed for well over a year but renovations are near completion and it looks set to be the best located restaurant in Kuta once it does open.
- Segare Anak Bungalow & Restaurant, Kuta(centrally located on the beach road), ?. Different options from backpacker accommodation with fan rooms and nicer rooms with A/C, though none of the 20 rooms has hot water. Restaurant overlooking the sea and a small swimming pool. Perama office, internet cafe and money changing facilities. NOTE: prices started at 200,000 for fan room in April 2013. AC room is 350,000. I.e. Might be midrange price now. Standard room with fan from Rp 80,000-150,000 (depending on the size of the room) and A/C room Rp 200,000.
- Sekar Kuning Bungalow and Restaurant(Yellow Flower Bungalow), Jl Pariwisata (centrally located on the beach road), ? +62 370 654856. Budget accommodations of 17 rooms, all only have cold water. Standard room with fan Rp 100,000.
- Surfers Inn, Kuta(centrally located on the beach road), ? +62 370 55582 (fax: +62 370 655583), Budget style accommodation with restaurant, bar and a really nice swimming pool. There is a wide selection of 25 fan-cooled and A/C rooms, all with cold water. Guests are mostly Australian surfers. Standard room with fan Rp 200,000, A/C Rp 320,000 and superior A/C room Rp 425-475,000.
- Yulis Homestay, Kuta, ?. Small, quiet and discreet bungalow complex, about 1 km out of Kuta village on the main road. About 11 clean and comfortable en-suite rooms with A/C. Has 3 small communal and kitchens and 2 pools & hot showers Owned and run by a New Zealand guy with his local wife. Rp 400,000.
- The Spot Bungalows, Jl Raya Kuta,. checkout: 30. Run by a Swiss family. In the center of Kuta. Lovely bamboo bungalows with hancocks outside and a large common area to chill. The mosque is pretty close which makes it rather noisy during Ramadan. Good and free Wi-Fi connection, incl. breakfast for Rp. 175000.
- La Bangkat Homestay, Kuta, ?+087 865 796 842. The homestay is owned and operated by a local couple named Man and Opa. There are 6 brand new large rooms with Air Con and private outdoor bathroom (Rp 350,000) and 4 small but cozy fan rooms (Rp 200,000). Breakfast included. The quiet and discreet complex, about 10 minute walk out of Kuta village on Kuta Mawun Rd, has beautiful gardens, a small communal kitchen and local Indonesian style restaurant. Free wifi access in rooms. They also offer cooking classes and carving classes. Make life simple and stay here! Man and Opa can help you with everything that you need, including scooter rental and transport throughout Indonesian.
- Same Same | Bungalows, Pariwisata, Kuta, On the west side of Kuta(West Kuta), ? +62 821 46 45 20 43. checkin: 14.30; checkout: 07.00. Quiet green, eco-friendly accommodation. Belgian owned and Managed. Both owners and the staff will go above and beyond to make your stay unforgettable. Starting from 80.000 Rp..
- Kuta Cabana Lodge, Kuta(on a hill overlooking Kuta, on the road leaving from the new market), ? +6281803620331. Incredible location on a hillside with stunning view over Kuta, the hills around and the sea, with basic but comfortable traditional huts with private bathrooms, Kuta Cabana is a beautiful place with a unique spirit, maybe due to his owner, a charismatic french guy who traveled for a long time before falling in love with Kuta Lombok. From about 350.000 IDR for a 2 people bungalow.
- Kuta Inda Hotel, Kuta(on the western edge of town; walk west from Matahari Inn for another 400m), ? +62 370 653781. Kuta Indah Hotel has 10 fan-cooled rooms and 25 A/C rooms (5 standard A/C, 12 superior, 6 deluxe and 2 family rooms). All A/C rooms have a private balcony and bathroom. Restaurant, bar and a nice swimming pool. From about US$25.
- LakuenInLombok Bungalows, Lakuen, Gerupuk(about 15 min driving, east of Kuta village), ? +6287765805081 . Lakuen Bungalows is the only accommodation in Gerupuk. The bungalows have satellite TV, DVD players and hot and cold water. Lakuen has own swimmingpool and restaurant. And also you can play pool call Bungalow Rp 500,000.
- Matahari Inn, Kuta(from the junction, turn right), ? +62 370 655000, Basic rooms. Slightly old hotel but large rooms are laid out in a beautiful garden. With swimming pool. From about US$ 20.
- Bombora Bungalows, Kuta(400m from beach on road leading to the beach opposite Lamancha Homestay), ? +6237058056. New hotel (2013) with 6 individual tropical wooden bungalows fan cooled and a 2 bedroom bungalow with AC rooms and hot water all surrounding a stunning pool, breakfast and free wifi included in room price From about US$30.
- Kuta Cove Hotel, Jalan Pantai Kuta Lombok(from the junction, turn left, across the street from Warung Java), ? +62 370 615 8080. Luxury rooms. Hotel with large rooms are laid out around a beautiful swimming pool and garden. From US$ 30. Located on a busy noisy junction.
- Novotel Lombok(Mandalika Resort, Novotel Coralia), Pantai Putri Nyale, Lombok Seletan (''South Lombok'') (about 3 km east from Kuta village), ?+62 370 653333 fax: +62 370 653555), 4 star Novotel resort on the picturesque white sandy beach of Kuta. Built in the style of a traditional Sasak village. Renovated in 2011 with 77 superior and deLuxe rooms and 23 'Sasak' villas, each with a private garden and terrace. Two beachfront restaurants, a fitness centre, 2 spas, 4 swimming pools located in the hotel gardens and beachside, a natural lagoon, water sports, Kids Club, daily activities, health programs and meeting rooms for up to 120 people. All rooms are equipped with individually controlled A/C, wifi, IDD telephone, satTV. Located near popular surfing areas with horse riding and Dive Zone-Novotel available at the resort. Fairly remote location, but taxis are available. This is the best hotel on the south coast. Expect Western prices for lunch, dinner and drinks. From US$218.79 inc taxes, breakfast not included, US$147.90 with breakfast and taxes included.
- Tastura Beach Resort, Jl Raya Pantai Kuta, Kuta(centrally located on the beach road), ? +62 370 655540 fax: +62 370 655398), . A 3 star resort with 20 deluxe rooms, 4 suite rooms and 1 bungalow. From US$65.
- Sari Inn Luxury House & Villa, Sari Inn, Kuta, Lombok Island, Indonesia, ?+62 817 364 549 ]. Sari Inn is located in Kuta on Lombok Island, offering modern holiday accommodation including a 4 bedroom (2 story) house and a 2 bedroom villa just ten minutes walk to the beach, cafes, restaurants & tourism operators. All guests can enjoy the property's tropical gardens, gazebos, large swimming pool with a water feature, free WIFI, free breakfast, free airport transfers and free local transport. The house includes a fully equipped kitchen, 2 bathrooms including an en suite for the main bedroom, a dining area, two living areas, a large balcony and a large verandah. The villa includes a small bathroom and kitchenette with a kettle, water dispenser & bar fridge. House: $150 AUD per night, Villa: $80 AUD per night.
- Origin Lombok Hotel, Jalan Sengkol, Dusun 151, Kuta, Lombok, ?+62 (0) 37-0615-8550 . Modern, peaceful, artfully designed resort on the hill outside Kuta, two swimming pools and a relaxing lounge area. Restaurant on site, rotating daily specials and happy hour. Yoga and spa too.
Ambulance: in emergency, dial 118
The reality is that unless within the confines of the main city of Mataram/Ampenan/Cakranegara, an ambulance is normally too far away to provide prompt transport in the case of a true emergency. Most often a taxi, police vehicle or a private car is used to get someone requiring urgent medical attention to a hospital. The ambulances in Lombok are more often used in the role of assisted patient transport rather than for first responder/paramedic supported emergency assistance and transport.
Several hospitals are located in the main city of Mataram including the newest hospital Rumah Sakit Harapan Keluarga. An International standard hospital. Other hospitals include Rumah Sakit Umun kota mataram and also the Risa Hospital in Cakranegara near Mataram mall.rumah sakit biomedika jalan bungkarno,and rumah sakit umum praya.
Don't go to the private clinics in Kuta for basic problems, and buy medicine. They charge extremely expensive prices from 10 to 20 x the RRP. The local clinc "Puskes Mas", has medicine and English speaking doctors, quite competent. The Puskes Mas is located next door to one of the expensive clinics. Also note that the doctor who owns the private cinics works at the puskes mas so you have more chance of seeing an actual doctor if you go there, rather than to his clinics where you will be seen by his staff who are tasked with selling as much medicine as they can, at inflated prices.
For minor ailments ask your hosts in your accommodation. The most common problem of Bali Belly is best treated with a local, natural medicine known as diapet which costs only Rp2,000 for 4 pills. Made from guava and tumeric it is a wonder cure for diarrhea.